Monday, June 22, 2009

We're all in a hurry.

We're all in a hurry to get out of High School && start our own lives.
After graduating I thought I'd live a life like I couldn't believe. I thought I'd go about
things the way I wanted to, but growing up...school is all you know. The people you go to school
with, you learn with, play with, and sit with at lunch. They're all you know and when the time
comes to leave them, you look back at all of that, not realizing how much you're going to miss them until you graduate and you're walking around walmart at 1:oo in the morning and you've seen one of your classmates since graduation. It's a feeling like no other, and it's not the greatest.
I always thought the summer was a sad time. It was great, but I always missed everyone, but the summer you walk into knowing you're not going to be going back to school...It's hard. I loved every single class mate I graduated. I can't stand the fact that I may never see some of them again. It's hard when you grow with them, not even thinking about life after graduation and then come graduation you can't keep growing with them. It's a time of walking that stage, getting that diploma, and knowing you did, but as you sit there waiting to be called, you look back at all your fellow classmates, and you want to break down. You see them walking with a smile wondering if they hate it too. They say everyone wants to get to heaven, but no one wants to die. I'm not ready for either, and I darn sure wasn't ready for graduation, but we're all in a hurry to escape something. I felt school was where I escaped too, being surrounded by people that have watched you grow and having grown ups enjoy taking time to teach you and prepare you for the real world and for your own life. I miss school so much.! I had to get it out.!

No comments: